We started the weekend with a local Milwaukee parade near Veterans Park and the War Memorial.
We found a spot near Milwaukee's famous art museum, the Calatrava.
God Bless America
Troops in Training
Is that Mark Crozier? :)
After the parade, we finally went to pick up a wedding ring for Jon. Now we're 50% official - I'm next!
The next morning we took the quick drive to downtown Chicago. This was Jon's FIRST big city experience. To break him in, we went straight for the famous deep dish pizza at Gino's East, a popular hangout for celebrities, tourists, and locals.
Don't forget your white pen to make your mark!
The old Chicago Water Tower
Chicago has some amazing buildings and architecture
The Sears Tower

Using ninja skills in Millenium Park
The BEAN in Millenium Park
You can see the entire skyline in the bean. By the way, this is a beautiful place to ice skate in the winter time :)
The faces are always changing
The Art Institute of Chicago
Jon's first comment, "Hey! That's the Married with Children fountain!" Otherwise known as, Chicago's Grant Park
The next day, we went on a scavenger hunt to find a camping spot in Wisconsin! I quickly realized that I'm not in Utah anymore, where I can easily drive up American Fork Canyon and set up shop at any open spot. Well, it's not that easy here folks, but after a lot of searching and calling, we found a nice spot at Devil's Lake Campground. This was now our first official camping trip as a family!
We even took Maycee! This was her first camping experience, too.
Devil's Lake
Maycee loved chasing the squirrels
Jon & Maycee took a dip
Quite the little doggy-paddler











What a fun trip. I love all of the pictures!! Kate, how is it that you can still look so stunning gorgeous when you're camping?! My brother married a supermodel!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics, thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete